From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Let portage symlink latest version of installed docs
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 17:48:32
1 Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Fabian Neumann <fab1206@××××××××××.org> writes:
3 >
4 >> What I'd like portage do to is to create a symlink to the latest version
5 >> of a package's documentation. Just omitting the version number would of
6 >> course not work as slotted packages may have multiple versions of docs
7 >> installed. The first format coming to my mind would be:
8 >
9 > What would be even nicer would be if it could create and maintain an
10 > html index, for example at /usr/share/doc/index.html, to all package
11 > html documentation in a similar way to that which gnu info maintains
12 > the top level index to all info documentation on the system.
13
14 This would be a very cool feature. Not for portage though. Portage is a package
15 manager, and a package manager has nothing to do with generating indexes of HTML
16 files.
19 Kind Regards,
20
21 Simon Stelling