From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is there any way I can help with pull requests?
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:34:17
1 On 10/13/2018 02:32 PM, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
2 >
3 > Quizzes are irrelevant, a person does the quizzes when he/she is
4 > ready to be the dev, doing quizzes for quizzes or quizzes to become a
5 > developer is the best way to get rejected by the recruiters team.
6
7 I thought this was kind of a strange thing to say, but just ignored
8 it... not realizing that you were the recruiters lead.
9
10 Why do you say that working on the quizzes will get you rejected? I had
11 a very positive experience while taking them and learned a lot. I've
12 recommended them to potential contributors in the past as a way to
13 highlight the areas where they might need to improve, and to generally
14 improve their knowledge of the devmanual.
15
16 Once the new developer finds a mentor, I would think it saves everyone
17 valuable time if he has a first draft of the quiz prepared.