From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Global useflags zeroconf and avahi
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 22:28:41
1 Andreas K. Huettel schrieb:
2
3 > Avahi is the implementation of that standard which we have in the
4 > portage tree [2]. Other implementations are mDNSResponder (which was in
5 > the tree some time ago but got kicked out) and Apple's Bonjour (which
6 > never was in the tree and probably never will be).
7
8 Parts of zeroconf (namely IPv4LL) are also implemented by dhcpcd and other
9 software without using avahi.
10
11 > I would like to suggest unifying use-flag usage, and use "zeroconf"
12 > anywhere.
13
14 Sounds good. Do you think the same should apply to non-mDNS/DNS-SD based
15 zeroconf like UPnP/SSDP?
18 Best regards,
19 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn