From: Erik Grinaker <erikg@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel issue
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:08:01
1 On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 16:57, Mario Andres Yepes C wrote:
2
3 > Issuing a "insmod vfat", reports something like "sys_ctl_mmx not defined". I'm
4 > not much of a developer but I'd say that the vfat module needs some pentium
5 > mmx instructions.
6
7 Just out of curiosity; what happens if you compile the vfat fs driver
8 into the kernel instead of as a module?
13 Erik Grinaker
14 Freelance UNIX/Linux systems consultant
15
16 "Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
17 rather when there is nothing more to take away"
18 - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry