From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] A new GLSA schema
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 00:06:40
1 > On 12 Nov 2022, at 00:04, Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 4:43 PM Sam James <sam@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > Oh I see, I'd missed the actual link to CSAF, sorry.
6 >
7 > I'll take a look. It's not clear to me yet if this is going to be a good
8 > fit for distributions though, as we're not a normal "vendor".
9 >
10 > Are you aware of any other Linux distros using this?
11 >
12 > Red Hat has it in "beta": https://access.redhat.com/security/data, and has had the prior OASIS format (CVRF) for a time, which they (Red Hat) will be deprecating in 2023-01. There is also VEX, which is (I think, didn't read the detailed spec) a subset of CSAF.
13
14 Thanks, that's rather helpful. We'll look into this.