From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: "Gentoo Dev." <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] broken dependencies, wiki suggestion
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:22:56
1 ons 2001-10-10 klockan 06.03 skrev Gold is Heavy:
2
3 > I had to install GLU library manually with
4 >
5 > emerge media-libs/mesa-glu
6
7 Hmm, I'm not sure what might have happend here. virtual/glu is already
8 in the DEPEND-line in TuxRacer.
9
10 > emerge dev-libs/libxml
11 > emerge media-libs/gdk-pixbuf
12 >
13 > Pan installed without problems, but...
14
15 Thanks, Pan ebuild has been updated and libxml and gdk-pixbuf have been
16 added.
17
18 > It ran OK the first time (missing Gnome foot icon in the config wizard), but
19 > when I close it down, it didn't want to start up again. Instead it
20 > complained like so:
21
22 Hmm, not sure what this could be, anyone else?
23
24 > Then I installed xchat, and that went fine. It installed a whole bunch more
25 > Gnome stuff. Xchat runs OK! No problems with Xchat. So I deleted
26 > .gnome/Pan and .pan/ and tried to start it again. I started up with the
27 > wizard again (because I deleted its settings), and this time it had a Gnome
28 > foot icon correctly displayed. I followed through, then quit and tried to
29 > start pan again... And it keeps dying the same way. I am guessing there are
30 > some dependencies still missing?
31
32 I don't have time to look into this today, someone else (Azarah?)
33
34 > Now, lately I think I've received quite a few useful tips here, and I
35 > wouldn't mind throwing up all the things I've learned so far (and managed to
36 > remember :) on a wiki site. I mean, a real wiki site :). I think gentoo
37 > could benefit a lot from an open wiki. I suggest moinmoin wiki, but anything
38 > where everyone can edit pages is fine. Any thoughts on this idea? This wiki
39 > wouldn't have to replace anything like real docs or your dev wiki. It would
40 > run side by side.
41
42 I have never used Wiki but it might be useful.
43
44 Regards,
45 Mikael Hallendal
49 Mikael Hallendal
50 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
51 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden