From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] use.force as a complement to use.mask in profiles
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 23:33:41
1 On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:22:42 -0700 Donnie Berkholz
2 <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 | So the best fix for this is not just retaining two ways to say the
4 | same thing but actually expanding it? (!foo vs nofoo). That feels
5 | really wrong.
6
7 The Vim / ncurses example I posted earlier is perhaps a more practical
8 illustration of the same point. The problem is, any system that doesn't
9 allow forcing as well as masking use flags leads to ugly cases needing
10 either !arch? or weirdly named (e.g. noncurses) USE flags. Without use
11 forcing, we have to have a mixture of foo and nofoo flags including
12 cases where there are both foo and nofoo for the same value of foo.
15 Ciaran McCreesh
16 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list