From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:32:24
1 On 2/28/06, Stephen P. Becker <geoman@g.o> wrote:
2 > OK, here is one. It seems that webapp-config silently assumes your
3 > webserver is apache by default. If a user uses lighttpd for example,
4 > this is totally incorrect.
5 >
6 > Now, this doesn't cause webapp-config to fail to emerge, but the first
7 > time you emerge any webapp, you get a big nasty error about no Apache
8 > group available, which further requires the end user to dig around the
9 > webapp-config manpage to figure out the correct file to edit *just* to
10 > get a silly php script to install in the correct location.
11
12 There's no need to be rude about php scripts.
13
14 Thank you for reporting this error.
15
16 We've committed a fix for this problem upstream. We'll probably roll
17 out w-c 1.5.11 at the weekend. That'll give us suitable time to test
18 this, and to incorporate the QA issues from Ciaran that we're still
19 waiting for.
20
21 Best regards,
22 Stu