From: Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] splashutils needs a maintainer
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 23:25:54
1 On 27.01.2013 23:06, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > With spock retirement, splashutils became orphan. The problem is that it
3 > has a lot of unresolved bugs for a long time:
4 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=splashutils&list_id=1521218
5 >
6 > that would need someone with more knowledge about it to maintain it (as
7 > I don't have splash on my systems for years).
8 >
9 > Also looks like splashutils is no more developed, but I don't know if we
10 > have a proper replacement for it in gentoo (most distributions are
11 > moving to plymouth, but I haven't tried if it works ok on Gentoo)
12
13 We have it, it works (or at least worked). Someone would need to
14 implement it in genkernel initrds though as at the moment only dracut
15 can handle it.
16
17 In terms of package maintenance, I took the package from aidecoe when he
18 dropped it to avoid it getting removed. People seem to have found issues
19 in there now and it could use a bump. As I cannot boot my systems using
20 dracut initrds right now, feel free to take the package (and the openrc
21 plugin for it) and fix/bump/do whatever with it.
24 > Thanks for your help
29 Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
30 Gentoo Security/Ruby/Infrastructure