From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Patch set for git-r3 enabling full mirroring of upstream repo
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 22:11:06
1 Dnia 2014-02-21, o godz. 21:07:54
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > Many people found the current behavior of git-r3 eclass unfortunate,
5 > lightly saying. Most importantly, I underestimated how many packages
6 > actually require pretty complete '.git' metadata in the checkout,
7 > including complete history. Most of it was collected in bug #489100
8 > [1].
9 >
10 > I've finally found time to get around and rewrite git-r3 to properly
11 > support all those use cases. I'd like to submit patches implementing
12 > that for the mailing list discussion.
13
14 Committed now.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny