From: Thibaud CANALE <thican@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] MATE project is now empty
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 03:14:01
1 On 2022-12-15T20:10:30+0100, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello, everyone.
3
4 Hello Michał,
5
6 > The Gentoo MATE project [1] does not have any developers anymore.
7 > Please consider joining to keep it alive.
8
9 I would like to volunteer, even if I am not very up to date with my last
10 contributions.
11 I currently pushed a PR[0] on Oz "oz123" N Tiram’s MATE repository[1]
12 which has as objective to upgrade to current Gentoo’s Portage tree and
13 to prepare for the next MATE release 1.28, which seems to be soon
14 enough.
15 Note: maybe some more reviewers could help.
16 I also hope it will be the opportunity to push into Gentoo’s tree.
17
18 0: https://github.com/oz123/mate-de-gentoo/pull/75
19 1: https://github.com/oz123/mate-de-gentoo
20
21 > That said, the packages don't look bad and there seems to be an active
22 > contributor submitting pull requests for them. According to repology
23 > [2], a few packages need version bumps. There's also 30 bugs reported
24 > against them [3].
25 >
26 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:MATE
27 > [2] https://repology.org/projects/?maintainer=mate%40gentoo.org&inrepo=gentoo&outdated=1
28 > [3] https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=assignee%3Amate%40gentoo.org
29
30 In my PR it also pulls the version bumps (except for caja, there is not
31 a 1.26.2 release, well it’s kind of odd in fact).
32 This could clean some version bump tickets in b.g.o, but I guess I could
33 also address those issues.
34
35 I hope I could maintain at least the current quality assurance Gentoo is
36 providing for this desktop environment.
37
38 Best regards,
42 Thibaud CANALE
43 thican [at] thican [dot] net
44 https://thican.net/
45 GPG: rsa4096 2013-10-14 485EF628CB85CDD4CB7CFF0D52F5127650733A18