From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] NTPD
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:27:57
1 many people seem to have had troubles with the new ntp release ...
2
3 a little background info:
4 we have users that wish to run ntpdate at boot time and then run ntpd from
5 there on out ... makes sense for some setups ...
6 we also have users that wish to run ntpd *only* ...
7 we also have users that wish to run ntpd to set the clock and then have it sit
8 in the bg to sync time with the server ...
9
10 current state of ntp:
11 to accomdate this the rc scripts have gone through some changes ;)
12 this next release (-r4) should have enough comments for everyone to quickly
13 understand what they should set in order for ntp to work happilly with their
14 system ... and enough options to accomadate all of the above setups ...
15
16 any further questions/concerns/problems can be sent to me personally. or file
17 a bug at bugs.gentoo.org.
18
19 as for manpages, they dont currently exist in the ebuild of ntpd since they
20 dont come with the standard distribution. if anyone has a URL or something
21 to generate/aquire manpages for ntp, ill add it to the ebuild.
22
23 -mike
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list