From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Aterm ebuild README?
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:36:36
1 On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:13:03 -0700 Gontran <gontran@×××××××.net>
2 wrote:
3
4 > * Damon M. Conway (damon@×××××××××××.net) wrote:
5 > > >1) Why, in your opinion, is aterm a better terminal emulator?
6 > >
7 > > I don't know about better but I use it because it has transparency
8 > and
9 > > tinting without being a resource hog.
10 > >
11 > Yes, because of this. Oh and did he mention because it has
12 > transparancy and
13 > tinting and is not a resource hog? 8)
16 > > >2) The extra work you describe is not necessary on _rc6 - pty....
17 > > >devices are available; no need to mount pts. Aterm starts aok.
18 > >
19 > > Yes, I've had no problems running aterm since I started with
20 > Gentoo on rc5
21 > > back in July.
22 >
23 > Yeah, I probably messed up my kit or somthing.
26 So, then is xterm a resource hog? Aterm looks pretty, I doubt that I
27 could tell the difference in resource consumption.
30 Collins Richey
31 Denver Area
32 gentoo_rc6 xfce+sylpheed