From: andrew@×××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Posible Change for 1.x - 1.4 Guide
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 01:17:17
1 Hi
2
3 I've just started my
4 emerge -e world
5 to finish off my upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4rc1 and its going along smoothly
6
7 But I have a comment regarding the Note about the new flags in GCC3.2
8 I think it maybe better making mention of this above the section relating
9 too running the third script. Also then next to
10 nano -w /etc/make.conf
11 adding another comment just so people get the idea that the flags are meant
12 to be changed before running the third script.
13
14 I did not change my CCFLAGS because I want some of my compiles to
15 distributable across all i686 arch's. But for someone looking straight for
16 speed and optimization the new flags are quite a welcome change, provided
17 you understand that they should be applied before running script 3...
18
19 Thats just my two cents
20 [BUT] otherwise thanks for an awesome walkthrough