From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Some new global USE-flags
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 10:29:49
1 On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 19:57 +0100, Markus Meier wrote:
2 > novideo 5
3
4 These should probably really go away and use package.use and such to use
5 the already-existing videos USE flag.
6
7 > branding: Enable Gentoo specific branding
8 > [questionable, as used for splashes/shortcuts/artwork]
9
10 Well, my personal opinion here is that we should enable this by default
11 on *at least* the desktop profiles, as providing sensible defaults and
12 branding isn't outside the scope of the project. We still stay as close
13 to upstream as possible with this stuff and only use it for branding or
14 optional Gentoo-specific minor config changes. Also, it can still be
15 disabled for people who want everything as upstream intended.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
20 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
21 Games Developer/Foundation Trustee