From: Gareth John <gdjohn@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: troy@××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenLDAP user authentication / autofs integration
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:40:31
2 >> I've recently got my Gentoo systems authenticating users/automount'ing
3 >> home directories with all of the directory information coming from my
4 >> openldap server :)
5 >
6 > Well done! LDAP is causing me all sorts of grief at the moment. Do you
7 > also have global or private address books?
8 >
9 > <snip>
10 >
11 >> I will attempt to document all that I actually had to do in order to
12 >> get LDAP authentication/autofs working in case anyone else is
13 >> interested...
14 >
15 > That would be really, really, really good. A HOWTO or step by step
16 > would be really appreciated.
19 I will try to get a step-by-step guide done on Sunday - I'm too busy until
20 then I'm afraid. How far have you got? My main stalling points were
21 realising that I needed to patch autofs - you can get the necessary
22 patches from http://people.redhat.com/~nalin/autofs. These apply to the
23 current version of autofs. There is also an autofs.schema in
24 http://people.redhat.com/~nalin/schema which you will need to include in
25 your ldap configuration schema file thing.
26
27 I did hit some other stumbling points - I'll document them as and when I
28 remember them...
29
30 Hope this helps,
31