From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] MPlayer cpu USE flags zaniness
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:09:01
1 On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:48:05 +0900 Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | ok, so at this point I'm confused as to how to approach this. What
4 | about AMD? Do they use mmxext for stuff like that.. or sse2
5 | extensions (as someone mentioned). My plan is to have sse USE flag
6 | enable mmx2 only (since it's "the best") and disable sse (since it's
7 | the same thing but "worse"). However, that only takes care of
8 | intel.. what about AMD processors though? They deal with all this
9 | stuff differently. Recomendations are welcome at this point.. I'm
10 | going to get some asprin...
11
12 If I muttered something about CHOST and switching to using strings of
13 the form "pentium4m-pc-linux-stallman", Solar would hit me, so I'm not
14 going to.
17 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
18 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm