From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags again (informix, memlimit)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:08:18
begin  quote
On 14 May 2003 15:47:45 +0200
foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:

> > In general i was looking trough USE flags list, things like icc and > jikes and memlimit maybe, do they really belong in use.desc ? Aren't > USE flags defined as compile time enabling or disabling of certain > features in an application, i guess memlimit fits the description, but > icc and jikes don't, theyre compile time options that have no direct > effect on the functionality of the app. Shouldnt they have their own > file, removing some of the burden of the use.desc file ? >
Icc adds extra dependencies, since the binary must be run with icc installed, since it links to icc libraries. so its both a compile time and a runtime dependency. jikes, I dont know about, neither about the haskell compiler choice flags. //Spider -- begin .signature This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature! See Microsoft KB Article Q265230 for more information. end