From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags again (informix, memlimit)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:08:18
1 begin quote
2 On 14 May 2003 15:47:45 +0200
3 foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 > In general i was looking trough USE flags list, things like icc and
7 > jikes and memlimit maybe, do they really belong in use.desc ? Aren't
8 > USE flags defined as compile time enabling or disabling of certain
9 > features in an application, i guess memlimit fits the description, but
10 > icc and jikes don't, theyre compile time options that have no direct
11 > effect on the functionality of the app. Shouldnt they have their own
12 > file, removing some of the burden of the use.desc file ?
16 Icc adds extra dependencies, since the binary must be run with icc
17 installed, since it links to icc libraries. so its both a compile time
18 and a runtime dependency.
19
20 jikes, I dont know about, neither about the haskell compiler choice
21 flags.
24 //Spider
27 begin .signature
28 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
30 end