From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Moving unmaintained packages to Sunrise
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:28:18
1 Le 13/06/2010 14:07, Markos Chandras a écrit :
2 > If you start moving maintainer-needed package on Sunrise then Sunrise
3 > will end up as a garbage collector overlay having many many ebuilds that
4 > nobody will actually maintain. If you care about maintainer-needed
5 > package then step up and proxy maintain it. The delay ( which is not
6 > that big if you cooperate with an active developer/herd ) might be a
7 > drawback but still... I don't want sunrise to become a place where
8 > abandoned ebuilds will end up.
9
10 +1, unmaintained ebuilds should just go away. We have to stop pretending
11 to maintain an ebuild when no one does.
12
13 Besides, everything we have is either in CVS or subversion, so nothing
14 is lost.
15
16 If anything, we should be advertising where deleted ebuilds are and how
17 users can revive them if they want them.
18
19 Cheers,
20
21 Rémi