From: Ed Grimm <paranoid@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo beeping at me!
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:50:29
1 On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2
3 > maillog: 26/11/2004-10:17:34(+0000): Ciaran McCreesh types
4 >> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:25:10 +0900 Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
5 >> wrote:
6 >>| I have nothing against in-line docs in general. I simply had trouble
7 >>| imagining it in the bash case.
8 >>|
9 >>| What about using perldoc itself? Simply prepend every doc line with a
10 >>| '#', then run
11 >>|
12 >>| awk '/^#/ { sub("#",""); print }
13 >>
14 >> In bash? How would that work?
15 >
16 > I imagined
17 >
18 > #=item blah blah
19 > # more POD
20 > # and more
21 > # and more
22 > #=cut
23
24 Note that Pod::Parser has a method (preprocess_line) which one could
25 utilize to do the strip without requiring an awk pre-processing step.
26
27 That being said, as the pod reformatting packages are written as
28 Pod::Parser subclasses, I'm not certain if it could be utilized
29 gracefully without limiting the potential output formats. It may be
30 possible to make a generic class which does the magic, and a magical
31 subclass of that class which inherits from both it and a particular
32 formatting subclass, such that preprocess_line comes from the generic
33 class, and everything else comes from the formatting subclass.
34
35 Ed
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list