From: Jackson Fox <jackson_fox@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:54:47
1 With regards to the new mailing list system, is there a reason this change
2 could not have been announced BEFORE the change was made? I understand the
3 need and desire for a quick change, and in that regards it appears that
4 things went well.
5
6 However, I was rather surprised to find my mailboxes filling up with gentoo
7 mailing list mail (which I had on hold) this morning. Had I been on
8 vacation (as I was until recently) my mailbox would have quickly filled up
9 and been unable to receive to new mail (as I do not have a large email
10 quota).
11
12 In the future, PLEASE let subscribers know when this is going to happen so
13 they can take appropriate measures. I think it was very irresponsible of
14 the Gentoo team to do this in the manner in which they did.
15
16 Sincerely,
17 Jackson Fox
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list