From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Initial python-r1.eclass & distutils-r1.eclass
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 14:38:43
1 On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > That still does not explain the reasons why this work was initiated.
3 >
4 > If there is any way to fix the current eclass, that should be preferred.
5
6 I tend to agree. Michał, let me first say I value the time you have
7 invested to make the eclasses better. However, at this point I have a
8 strong feeling that we have more people willing to write code to fix
9 things than we have people building consensus on what
10 features/policies/mechanisms we need to make it easy to write
11 high-quality ebuilds for Python/distutils. I would prefer discussions
12 on problems that the current ebuilds have and discussions on how to
13 solve them, not at the code level, but that the mechanism level.
14
15 Cheers,
16
17 Dirkjan