From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: better policy for ChageLogs
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 17:07:28
1 > So we come back to the problem being *CVS* not ChangeLog rules.
2
3 Well of course we can just tell everyone "go look it up on sources.gentoo.org".
4 However, this is a different discussion.
5
6 > All this is such a massive waste of time. Can't we just expend this
7 > energy on the move to git?
8
9 Ack, this is an idea that I can very much support. But please please then have the
10 changelog autogenerated from the git commit log, as otherwise the entire discussion
11 will just continue.
12 (/me is waiting for the next flamewar.)
13 And again, this is also a different discussion.
14
15 We're not talking about future plans here but about the current situation.
16 And about how to deal with it.
17
18 End of message from the department of redundancy department.
21 Andreas K. Huettel
22 Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex
23 dilfridge@g.o
24 http://www.akhuettel.de/