From: pclouds <pclouds@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keep track what ebuild comes from what repository
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:18:16
1 On 9/5/05, Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o> wrote:
3 > query...
4 Ok. I'll stop by gentoo-portage-dev next time :)
5
6 > Actually, there is a use. Presently, if your overlay has foo/bar-1.0 and the
7 > main tree as foo/bar-1.1 you'll get the main tree's later version installed
8 > even if you installed foo/bar-1.0 from your overlay. In my experience, this
9 > is almost never what is actually wanted.
10
11 There is another use. When report bugs to b.g.o, gentoo devs only take
12 care of bugs that all dependencies are come from the main tree. Users
13 mixed their environment with other overlays should check all
14 dependencies before submitting to b.g.o or bugs will be resolved as
15 wontfix. In case users use overlays, users would know what overlay
16 ebuilds come from and contact overlays' authors instead of b.g.o. Not
17 a big advantage though.
18 --
19 Bi Cờ Lao
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list