From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: news item: changes to stages (make.conf and make.profile)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:00:21
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I don't know about general consensus. In my opinion, it's plain spam to
4 >> existing users. (And that would IMO be the xth news item in a row to be
5 >> spam.)
6 > Can't say I agree here. Some news items have been more useful than
7 > others, but I doubt the typical Gentoo user (who does not subscribe to
8 > -dev) would think that many of the past messages have been spam.
9 >
10 > << SNIP >>
11 >
12 > Rich
16 I agree with this. I see messages that may not apply to me but I always
17 keep in mind that it may apply to a large number of other users. I
18 would MUCH rather see a message sent out that doesn't apply to me than
19 to not see one that should have been sent out but wasn't.
20
21 Just a users opinion and expectations.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!