From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] root:root and fbsd
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 21:51:17
1 On Tuesday 24 May 2005 04:26 pm, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Sunday 22 May 2005 11:09, Stuart Longland wrote:
3 > > Why not just use `chmod -R 0:0 ${D}`?  That should have the desired
4 > > effect?
5 >
6 > Yes that will have so that should be good for all systems. For me that is
7 > ok... nobody disagrees?
8
9 only other idea i'd consider is having portage scan $D before each merge
10 looking for files owned by group portage ? or perhaps making an eutils func
11 for people to invoke ...
12
13 but this is probably just as much cruft as the get_root_group() idea ... i
14 imagine if someone comes up with a reason down the road why using gid 0 is a
15 bad idea, they'll let us know and we can review this again
16
17 Diego: feel free to commit the wheel -> 0 group change
18 -mike
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list