From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: r030t1@×××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, Gentoo x86 AT <x86@g.o>, release@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo i486 support
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 20:39:34
1 On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 4:27 PM R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Even newer embedded i586 and i686 hardware isn't cost effective
4 > considering power consumption. When considering power it often does
5 > not even make sense to run donated hardware ~5 years old.
8 I was referring to running the x86 arch on hardware that is
9 otherwise-capable of running the amd64 arch. I'm not really sure how
10 important that would be, but I wanted to at least consider the
11 possibility.
12
13 In any case, this is becoming moot it seems.
16 Rich