From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last Rites: app-pda/gtkpod
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 20:30:45
1 On Sun, Apr 3, 2022 at 1:56 PM Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, Apr 3, 2022 at 1:53 AM James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > On Sat, 2022-04-02 at 21:35 -0700, Matt Turner wrote:
6 > > > # Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> (2022-03-27)
7 > > > # Dead package. Homepage doesn't resolve. Unmaintained in Gentoo for at
8 > > > # least 6 years.
9 > > > # Removal on 2022-05-02
10 > > > app-pda/gtkpod
11 > >
12 > > I do still use this on rare occasions. It's not my favourite program but there
13 > > are no good alternatives, short of using Rhythmbox, which does more than I
14 > > want. I'm not aware that it's actually broken, aside from a couple of minor
15 > > warts in the package. Does it have to go?
16 >
17 > No, if you want to keep it -- feel free. I just saw it because it's
18 > the only reverse dependency of dev-util/anjuta which looks pretty dead
19 > itself, and then I saw how much more dead gtkpod looks.
20 >
21 > If you can break the dependence on anjuta (which I didn't
22 > investigate), I'd have no problem keeping it. Would be nice to have an
23 > actual maintainer as well.
26 Removal date is approaching. Are you planning to take this?