From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder about marking packages stable for architectures you can't test for
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 07:49:10
1 On Wednesday 07 July 2004 19:25, Jason Wever wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Just a friendly reminder (especially for new developers) to only mark
5 > stable for architectures you can actually test for. If you can test for a
6 > given arch but are not part of the given arch team, please make 100% sure
7 > the arch team knows you can test on that architecture.
8
9 I hate to breathe new life into this debate, but I have a request for the arch
10 teams. This is in direct response to an issue that happened this week.
11
12 Please do not mark webapp-config, or any web-based app, as stable unless it
13 has been marked stable on the package maintainer's architecture.
14
15 If you *need* to mark a package as stable when it's not marked as stable on
16 the maintainer's arch, and it's *not* for a GLSA, talk to the named
17 maintainer first. If there isn't a named maintainer, talk to me or mholzer.
18
19 And please - make sure you add a ChangeLog entry.
20
21 Best regards,
22 Stu
23 --
24 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
25 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
26 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
27
28 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
29 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C