From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: readme.gentoo.eclass: use echo -e instead of plain echo (Was: Re: [gentoo-dev] readme.gentoo.eclass: Add a DISABLE_AUTOFORMATTING variable=
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:47:45
1 El dom, 27-01-2013 a las 15:00 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribió:
2 > Currently, when people uses DOC_CONTENTS variable to place their desired
3 > messages, they are automatically reformatted by "fmt" to get proper
4 > messages (for example, splitting long lines).
5 >
6 > But, in some cases, may be useful to disable this behavior and respect
7 > strictly how DOC_CONTENTS was formatted, for example in that kind of
8 > messages telling people to run a command and, then, requiring a new line
9 > to be used. This can also be useful to append extra information to
10 > DOC_CONTENTS when, for example, additional info is needed when enabling
11 > a USE flag.
15 Well, after reading man echo I see all this is not needed, I simply need
16 to use echo -e to get it understand "\n" to create new lines
17
18 New patch attached

1.patch text/x-patch