From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New GLEP -- New ombudsman position
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:42:43
1 On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 10:51, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > This is an area I'm not sure I agree with -- I can see the ombudsmen
3 > quickly and easily getting overwhelmed. Though, to be fair, I think we're
4 > both trying to envision how this process would work and I'm probably taking
5 > the glass-half-empty approach.
6
7 You may be right. Upon further reflection, I tend to think I made my
8 descriptions too broad. Ideally, the ombudsmen should only be dealing
9 with interpersonal problems, and not handling general gripes and
10 complaints (i.e., the ombudsman doesn't deal w/ "Hey, when's 1.4 going
11 to come out?!")
12
13 I'm not going to reply to the rest of klieber's e-mail right now because
14 I would like to see what other people think. (I think the points made
15 are good ones that require a fair amount of thought, by the way.)
16
17 -g2boojum-
18 --
19 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>