From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-web-user] Hardened PHP now in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:15:40
1 On 05/18/04 Stuart Herbert wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 18 May 2004 07:25, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
4 > > Why not just "use hardened"? Do we really need yet another USE
5 > > flag?(There are more flags than packages these days...)
6 >
7 > Because 'hardened' means something else. Gentoo's all about choice.
8
9 And that's exactly the point about local USE flag bloat I posted a few
10 days ago. Why do we need a new flag for this? I would compare the
11 descriptions, but I don't find one for hardenedphp in use*.desc :(
12 Actually I don't see the flag anywhere (including the mod_php and php
13 ebuilds).
14
15 If it has to do with security enhancements I think the hardened flag
16 would be a perfect match unless the Gentoo Hardened team is disagreeing
17 completely (and as pappy already asked the same question I don't think
18 so).
19
20 Marius
25 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
26 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.