From: Derek Eder <Derek.Eder@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] dual OS booting from Gentoo?
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 08:55:50
1 Hello,
2
3 I just discovered Gentoo a few minutes ago from a Slashdot article. It looks good and I suspect that I will use it as my stepping stone into Linux.
4
5 95% of what I do can seamlessly transfer to Linux, but 5% is unavoidably shackled to Bill Gates. In my 10 minutes of browsing the Gentoo site FAQ and x86 installation instructions, I did not come across any references to setting up Gentoo for a dual boot (i.e., Linux and Windows XP or 2000) system. What gives?
6
7 I am also interested in a kernel that supports Promise Technology RAID controllers. I understand that the present kernels don't but soon will. Do you have any information on this?
8
9 Many thanks,
12 Derek Eder
17 Derek N. Eder
18 Göteborgs Universitet
19 Institutionen för klinisk neurovetenskap
20 Klinisk Neurofysiologi
21 Sahlgrenska universitetssjukhuset SS/SU
22 Blå stråket 7, vån 3
23 SE 413 45 Göteborg
24 Sverige
25 Tlf. +46 (031) 34 244 14 (office) NYTT!
26 Tlf. +46 (031) 34 212 83 (laboratory)
27 Tlf. +46 0709 / 7 212 83 (mobil)
28 Fax. +46 (031) 82 81 63
29 derek.eder@××××××××.se
32 Gothenburg University
33 Institute of Clinical Neuroscience,
34 Department of Clinical Neurophysiology
35 Salhgrenska Hospital SU/SS
36 SE 413 45 Göteborg
37 Sweden