From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unsanctioned python 2.7 crusade
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 13:56:14
1 On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 8:42 AM Jason A. Donenfeld <zx2c4@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Aaron has marked tons of important and useful Python 2.7 packages for removal:
6 >
7 > Can we not do this prematurely? I've revered this commit until such a
8 > thing an be appropriately agreed upon.
9
10 Might make sense to wait to mask them at the same time as masking
11 python 2.7 itself? Maybe file a bug if not already done to make
12 maintainers aware that this is coming?
13
14 I assume the python team is the one deciding when python 2.7 has to go
15 (after all, who else is going to maintain it?). The fact that this is
16 about a month off did come up in another recent thread but I don't
17 think it was intended as a formal announcement.
20 Rich