From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] SRC_URI behaviour
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 16:35:17
1 On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 15:56:53 +0700
2 "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name> wrote:
3 > Sometimes I find myself in a situation, when I need to use both
4 > RESTRICT=fetch for the main distfile and allow fetch for additional
5 > ones (langpacks, extensions and so on).
6 > Sometimes it is even impossible to split that additions into separate
7 > package, since they might want to replace some file (for example, Dear
8 > Esther's translations).
9 >
10 > So, in that case, I think, it'd be useful to change SRC_URI
11 > behaviour a bit:
12 >
13 > for example:
14 >
15 > SRC_URI="
16 > restrict://dearesther-linux-06082013-bin #fetch restrict
17 > linguas_ru?
18 > ( http://www.dear-esther.com/translations/DE_Russian.rar )
19 > linguas_hu?
20 > ( http://www.dear-esther.com/translations/DE_Hungarian.rar )
21 > linguas_hu2?
22 > ( http://www.dear-esther.com/translations/DE_Hungarian2.rar ) "
23 > Alternatively it can be even:
24 >
25 > SRC_URI="
26 > restrict+http://foo.bar/moo-123.run # mirror-restrict or
27 > specifying a link for fetch-restrict (like for oracle-jdk)
28
29 Syntax-wise, one of the proposals for dealing with the explosion of
30 *DEPEND variables is a single variable plus labels. The same syntax
31 could be used here, so you'd do:
32
33 SRC_URI="http://blah/blah restrict: http://blah/other"
34
35 and so on, with the usual parentheses for restricting scope of labels.
38 Ciaran McCreesh