From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New developer: Herbie Hopkins (Herbs)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:51:42
1 Jeffrey Forman posted
2 <1113665205.1042.0.camel@××××××××××××××××××××××××.com>, excerpted below,
3 on Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:26:45 -0400:
4
5 > On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 16:17 +0100, Tom Martin wrote:
6 >> Herbie is proficient in C and Bash, and has made a number of patches for
7 >> various projects already. He's from Essex, England, and he's finishing
8 >> his Ph.D at the Royal Holloway in Maths/Cryptography at the age of 27.
9 >> He takes an interest in mountain biking and snowboarding, and is
10 >> obviously very knowledgeable in cryptography and security.
11 >>
12 >> Everyone please welcome Herbie to the team.
13 >>
14 > People with math degrees unite!
15
16 This is likely old to you guys, but I liked it, enough to still get a
17 chuckle out of it when I think about it. I saw the following as a sig,
18 maybe here on this list?
19
20 "Mathematicians against Drunken Deriving,
21 Please don't Drink and Derive!"
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
27 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list