From: Stuart Longland <redhatter@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Announcing Gentoo Universe
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:00:23
1 Daniel Drake wrote:
2
3 > New contributors will be added to both sites. All existing contributors feeds
4 > have been copied over. If you are an existing contributor and you'd like to
5 > truly become part of the universe by having your feed 'de-restricted' on the
6 > universe site, please send me an email or catch me on IRC. The only
7 > restriction is that all articles should be written in English.
8
9 This sounds great. And yes, I'd like to participate. I have but one
10 question though...
11
12 My question is this: Which web-blog script would you recommend for the
13 p.g.o site?
14
15 Here, I have a server, sitting on the web 24/7[1], which has Apache,
16 PHP, Perl, MySQL, Tomcat, all up and running, and I can easily install
17 just about anything I wish. So installing stuff on my host isn't a
18 problem. However, I've never gone to the trouble of setting up a
19 web-blog before...
20
21 If there's one that works particularly well with p.g.o, that would be ideal.
22
23 Regards,
24 --
25 ____ _ Stuart Longland (a.k.a Redhatter)
26 / _ \ ___ ___ __| |__ __ __ Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs
27 - (_) \ / \ ; \(__ __)/ \ / \ Developer
30 (___/ \____/|_; |_| \_/ \__/ \__/ http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter
31
32 1. except when the local power authority play with our power switch --
33 as was the case this evening