From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: "gentoo-nfp@l.g.o" <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Forming Gentoo Policy - Copyright Assignment and Attribution
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:40:55
1 On Mar 11, 2013 6:22 PM, "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 02:19:55PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
4 > > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 04:51:17PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
5 > > > If you have any concerns/objections to the policy which was outlined,
6 > > > which includes a mandatory requirement to sign a contributor license
7 > > > agreement and an option to also sign an assignment-like document based
8 > > > on the FSFe FLA, please speak up this week.
9 > > I've already said this before, but I guess I need to say it again:
10 > > If a contributor license is required to be signed, I'll have to
11 > > stop contributing to Gentoo.
12 > Did you read the entire email? We explicitly listed one of the options
13 > as (voluntary FLA/CLA AND mandatory DCO).
14 >
15 > Could you clarify that you're objecting to that as well? In your case,
16 > you could elect NOT to sign the FLA/CLA. Regardless, all of your commits
17 > would have the DCO SoB signature.
18 >
19 > The kernel is where we got the mandatory DCO concept.
20
21 This one is my bad. I wrote CLA when I meant DCO.
22
23 No change intended. This is what happens when you send a thirty second
24 follow-up to a policy formed over two weeks, and then step away to eat...
25
26 But, at least we know people read it!
27
28 Rich