From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Richard Yao <ryao@×××××××××××××.edu>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Debugging a Linux kernel deadlock when doing swap on ZFS
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:44:38
1 On Thursday 12 April 2012 19:30:08 Richard Yao wrote:
2 > I am running Gentoo on ZFS using the kernel modules from sys-kernel/spl
3 > and sys-fs/zfs. If I put swap on ZFS, the kernel appears to deadlock
4 > when it tries to use it. I am having trouble getting a backtrace.
5 >
6 > Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could debug this?
7
8 networked swap has always been hairy. your best bet would be to ask the zfs
9 guys first. otherwise, g'luck -- the mm in the kernel is bad enough without
10 adding in the network and filesystem stacks.
11
12 otherwise, there's quick options like enabling lockdep checking in the kernel.
13 or the NMI watchdog.
14 -mike