From: tk188366@××××××××××××××××.uk
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] KDE and ALSA 0.9beta10 build
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:43:00
1 Hi there,
2
3 Firstly, i apolagise for posting again, but i posted this message in the user
4 list but it was appended to a long already existing thread and i think should
5 have been posted in the developer section anyway. Sorry. Anyway here we go.
8 I did a recent reinstall and decided to unmask the latest alsa 0.9beta10 because
9 the alsa 0.5 version gave me massive interference when accessing ide devices
10 (bug?), the OSS kernel module didn't but the ASLA driver seemed a much nicer
11 solution with more features.
12
13 So far i have built XFree, Gnome, XMMS,Ogle and various other progs without any
14 problems, when it comes to building KDE building KDEMultimedia 2.2.2 fails when
15 compiling Kmidi, specifically , the build fails in the TIMIDITY directory,
16 typing make produces
17 the folowing output;
20 In file included from alsa_a.c:55:
21 /usr/include/sys/asoundlib.h:1: warning: #warning This header is deprecated, use
22 <alsa/asoundlib.h> instead.
23 alsa_a.c: In function `check_sound_cards':
24 alsa_a.c:153: storage size of `ctl_hw_info' isn't known
25 alsa_a.c:154: storage size of `pcm_info' isn't known
26 alsa_a.c:189: warning: passing arg 2 of `snd_ctl_open' makes pointer from
27 integer without a cast
28 ...
29 ...etc
30 ...etc
31 ...
32 alsa_a.c: In function `output_count':
33 alsa_a.c:614: storage size of `playback_status' isn't known
34 alsa_a.c: In function `flush_output':
35 alsa_a.c:662: `SND_PCM_CHANNEL_PLAYBACK' undeclared (first use in this
36 function)alsa_a.c: In function `purge_output':
37 alsa_a.c:670: `SND_PCM_CHANNEL_PLAYBACK' undeclared (first use in this
38 function)make: *** [alsa_a.o] Error 1
41 I cahanged the references in the relevant files from
42 /usr/include/sys/asoundlib.h to /usr/include/alsa/asoundlib.h
43 as the warning sugested but this made no change.
46 I am not the most knowledgable person with regards to linux but am quite
47 competant. I am wondering if this is a known bug when building with the new ALSA
48 drivers or wether there is a workaround? I don' really use any MIDI at all
49 anyway, so is there a way i can bypass this part of the build to get KDE up and
50 running?
51
52 Best Regards,
53