From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News Item: GnuCash 2.7+ Breaking Change
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 21:39:41
1 On 2018-01-10 19:07, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 19:35:52 +0100
3 > Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
4 > > On 01/10/2018 07:31 PM, Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
5 > > > Display-If-Installed: >=app-office/gnucash-2.7.0
6 > >
7 > > And we might want to display it before users actually upgrades if it
8 > > is for backing up an auto migrated change?
9 >
10 > Yes, this header is backwards. It's a message to be displayed to users
11 > who have the old version, not a message to be displayed to users who
12 > install the new version for the first time ever and who have never used
13 > the old version.
14
15 Perhaps the version restriction should be removed.
16
17 People could install GnuCash for the first time ever, then use it to
18 open files previously handled by 2.6.
19
20 If we’re not terribly concerned about that, I can flip the comparison.