From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.0 Release Party at AmigaExpo 2002?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:00:53
1 Hi all,
2
3 Now that we're approaching the Gentoo Linux 1.0 release, it's time to
4 start thinking about Gentoo Linux release get-togethers and events.
5
6 What do you think about this option? AmigaExpo 2002 will be running
7 from March 29 to 31 in Baltimore, Maryland and may be a good place/time
8 to release Gentoo Linux .10. It is not a huge expo, but will have lots
9 of interesting exhibitors, including:
10
11 Andy Finkel, co-designer of the AmigaOS
12
13 Hyperion Entertainment, Linux game developers and porters of
14 SiN for Linux and Shogo for Linux
15
16 Extreme Computing, demoing their supposedly nightmarishly fast AmigaXL
17 Amiga emulator for the PC. It is built on top of QNX
18
19 QNX (www.qnx.org) will be there too.
20
21 And of course a good amount of next-gen Amiga stuff. Seems to be a big
22 emphasis on emulation (MAME) and retro stuff.
23
24 Would anyone be interested in attending/helping out if we choose to
25 attend this expo? More info at www.amigaexpo.com.
26
27 Best Regards,
30 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>