From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Infra support for mail submission with implicit TLS on port 465
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 15:16:05
1 On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 09:47:25 -0400
2 Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > There have been some attacks on STARTTLS lately, so I'm finally
5 > getting around to using implicit TLS for mail submission on port 465.
6
7 FWIW I am Co-author of the paper that documented these attacks, so in
8 case you have any questions I guess I can answer them.
9
10 > I tried this on dev.gentoo.org, and it seems to work. For example: I
11 > just switched Evolution to port 465, with always-on TLS, and am
12 > sending this message.
13 >
14 > Is this supported? I don't see it in the infra docs anywhere.
15
16 I've been using 465 for a while and probably would've noted during our
17 research if Gentoo wouldn't support that.
18 I guess we can conclude that it works and we should probably mention it
19 in the docs.
23 Hanno Böck
24 https://hboeck.de/