From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Localization settings
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:29:22
1 Hi all,
2
3 I want to raise the issue of localization. Many programs provide optional
4 interfaces in several languages. Most however provide an option to choose
5 only one, or english+one.
6
7 1. What is the definitive setting for locale?
8 2. How do we work with language-based locales (en, he...) vs. country-bsaed
9 locales (us, il...)?
10 3. When it is possible to install all locales at once, do we do so? Or how do
11 we determine the combination to install?
12 4. What about multiple ebuilds for multiple locales? (Especially when
13 different files should be downloaded for different locales).
18 Dan Armak
19 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
20 Matan, Israel