From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] per-package environment variables.
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:28:27
1 On Tuesday 31 August 2004 06:26 pm, Antst GD wrote:
2 > For the moment both solutions looks ugly for me. At least I can't
3 > imaging simple and easy-to-understand syntax for package.env, which will
4 > look nice and will parce without problems.
5 >
6 > What do you think about?
7
8 most of what you proposed seems excessive and confusing (and like you say,
9 ugly) ... a cleaner/simpler solution can be taken from your work though i
10 think ...
11
12 we have a directory:
13 /etc/profile/packages.env/
14
15 in this directory we have simple bash (bash because we can just source it and
16 be done with it) files which line up in a similar fashion to the portage
17 tree ... for example, if i want an env file for bash, i would have:
18 /etc/profile/packages.env/app-shells/bash
19
20 i think this is about all we need ... and like Antst pointed out, this looks
21 like it'd be real simple to implement ...
22 -mike