From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:41:42
1 On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 01:15:22AM +0100, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > On Sunday 01 January 2006 06:30, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > Keep in mind that every resubmission to the council for review must
4 > > first be sent to the gentoo-dev mailing list 7 days (minimum) before
5 > > being submitted as an agenda item which itself occurs 7 days before the
6 > > meeting. Simply put, the gentoo-dev mailing list must be notified at
7 > > least 14 days before the meeting itself.
8 >
9 > I think I'm too late for this month, but want to put it on the table before I
10 > forget about it. I'd appreciate a three months moratorium, disallowing
11 > everyone to add new packages to the tree (despite new dependencies of
12 > existing packages), so everyone is forced/asked to put his energy in existing
13 > ebuilds, especially unmaintained ones. Sort of spring-cleaning, because parts
14 > of the tree look like a dump.
15
16 -1
17 Asking people to focus on cleaning the tree? Sure. Generate a list
18 of candidates would help. Blocking new packages? No...
19
20 ~harring