From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Niches and new developers (especially xbox)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:23:55
1 On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 11:42, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > so what we're looking at here (and what was planned on in the first place) was
3 > adding the packages to portage but RESTRICT=nomirror
4 >
5 > that way we are provide scripts that download the tarballs from elsewhere and
6 > build/install it ... the xbox install uses x86 stages anyways so we dont have
7 > to worry about that ...
8 >
9 > the Gentoo docs can simply be hosted on the xbox-linux servers
10 >
11 > only question left i see in this thread is livecds ... i dont know the
12 > innerdetails of how the xbox livecds would work, but i'm sure gimli could
13 > enlighten us ... they too might have to be hosted on xbox-linux servers ;)
14
15 I see nothing wrong with any of this, but at that point, would it still
16 be an "official" Gentoo? I think that was my real point in the whole
17 thing.
20 Chris Gianelloni
21 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
22 Gentoo Linux
23
24 Is your power animal a penguin?