From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] SRC_URI behaviour
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:46:17
1 On 06/16/2013 02:24 AM, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > How about it we add a src_fetch phase, so that the VCS intricacies
3 > can be delegated to ebuilds/eclasses (like they are now, but without
4 > having to abuse src_unpack). If we include a way for src_fetch to
5 > communicate changes in VCS revisions to the package manager, then
6 > we'll be able to integrate functionality like smart-live-rebuild
7 > directly into the package manager (as discussed in bug 182028 [1]).
8
9 Sounds interesting.
10
11 Still please notice that the initial and misdelivered point about live
12 ebuild being NOT for everybody beside who develops software should be clear.
13
14 lu