From: Thomas Horsten <thomas@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Slightly off-topic, just need to say this
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 19:29:19
1 I installed Gentoo yesterday and I must say I had the best experience since I
2 installed my very first Slackware about 10 years ago.
3
4 What an amazingly cool distribution and what a great job you guys have done :)
5
6 The Live CD rocks, installation is like "You get to do it yourself but we give
7 you all the tools you need so it doesn't get boring or annoying". After a few
8 hours my system was up and running, just following the instructions on
9 /install.txt - this is not for newbies but wow is it good if you know what
10 you're doing.
11
12 You manage to keep everything nice and simple as well, so you don't need an
13 SQL server for your init scripts etc. (Ok that's an exaggeration :-)
14
15 I will definitely try to help with this great project.
16
17 Thanks for an amazing piece of software!
18
19 // Thomas
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list