From: Florian Schmaus <flow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new category for container related packages, instead of app-emulation
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 07:42:59
1 On 05.08.21 23:44, Georgy Yakovlev wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > We've been collecting more and more container related packages in
5 > app-emulation/*
6 >
7 > What do you think about finally moving those packages to separate category?
8 >
9 > probably app-containers/
10
11 Categories are cheap, they help to organize the vast amount of packages
12 we have and the proposed changed categorize the packages more accurately
13 (to copy aaron's words). Therefore I like the proposal of a new
14 app-containers/ category.
15
16 - Flow